My ideal smoothie bowl does exist.
f you haven’t had Icelandic Skyr yet, you have not lived. Super-thick, it’s hefty but spoonable and reminds me of something you’d find between Greek yogurt and Labne. It’s on the upward trend and can be found at almost all grocery stores. Grab some if you see it next time!!!
This is my ideal smoothie bowl; nutty, smooth, crunchy, with the only fruit I can stand to bite into (banana). Top with honey, or even better, Silan if you have it. It’s a beautiful way to start the morning or have a sweet afternoon pick-me-up.
Banana Tahini Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups thick skyr or greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative
- 2 tbsp honey or silan (date syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- banana slices
- Bran or other whole-grain cereal
- honey or silan
- black sesame seeds
- In a blender, combine the skyr, banana, tahini, milk, honey, and vanilla bean paste and blend until very smooth.
- To serve, pour into 2 bowls and top with banana slices, pistachios, bran, honey, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!