These are big CHONKY cookies with tons of pistachios and buttery white chocolate.
Brown Butter White Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
The chunkiest cookies full of pistachios and creamy white chocolate. This is the butteriest cookie with crunch and soft doughiness at the same time!Print Pin
Servings: 18 cookies
- 226 g unsalted butter
- 150 g light brown sugar
- 85 g powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp Molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 190 g All Purpose Flour
- 70 g Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt , I use Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt
- 160 g White Chocolate Feves I used Valrhona Waina White Chocolate
- 140 g raw pistachio pieces (about 1 cup)
- Brown the butter: Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook while stirring until butter foams, then subsides to a gentle bubble. Continue cooking until the butter smells very nutty and the milk solids turn golden brown, about 8 minutes. Stay there and babysit the butter! Immediately transfer the butter to a heatproof bowl. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Add the light brown sugar and powdered sugar and whisk until light in color, about 1 minute of vigorous whisking.
- Add the egg, egg yolks, molasses, and vanilla, whisk until the mixture is ribbon-y, about 30 seconds of vigorous whisking.
- In a separate bowl, combine the AP flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl and using a spatula, mix until the dough forms. Don't over mix this!
- Add the white chocolate and pistachios and fold to combine.
- Using an ice cream disher (#20 or 1.5 oz), scoop out 18 tall cookie dough balls and place them on a parchment lined sheet pan. I over fill my ice cream disher so that I get a heaping cookie. Alternatively if you don't have a disher, you can divide the cookies into 1/4 cup balls. You are not baking them yet so put them as close together to make them all fit on 1 sheet pan.
- Cover the sheet pan tightly with plastic wrap and place the cookie dough balls in the freezer for AT LEAST 2 hours. Best results: 24 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Place 6 cookie dough balls a parchment lined sheet pan about 2" apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are JUST starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!
Once the cookie dough balls are hardened in the freezer, you can transfer them to a zip top bag and bake them 1 by 1 or all at once when you’re ready! The will last about 6 months in the freezer.