Sautéed Turmeric Chickpeas
Quickly sautéed chickpeas spiced with turmeric and cumin seeds top a creamy labne and get a sprinkle of salty feta cheese for this super easy lunch, side dish or even dinner!
Quick Turmeric Chickpeas With Labne
Sautéed Turmeric Chickpeas over Labne (Yogurt) with Feta! A quick and easy dish perfect for lunch, a side dish, or even a quick dinner! It's done in 15 minutes!!!Print Pin
Servings: 2 servings
- 5 tbsp olive oil , divided 3 tbsp + 2 tbsp
- 1 medium onion , thinly sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds , or ground cumin
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas , drained
- kosher salt
- fresh black pepper
- 1/2-1 cup labne , or thick greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- fresh dill , for garnish
- Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and sauté, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and softened, 6-7 minutes.
- Add turmeric and cumin seeds and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the chickpeas and the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil. Season well with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Sauté until chickpeas are warmed through and sizzling, 2-3 minutes.
- Plate the labne (or yogurt), top with chickpeas, crumble feta cheese over top, and garnish with torn dill. Enjoy!