Contrary to popular belief, I am not a nona. I am not even Italian. Yes, I know, I have the light eyes/dark hair combo. And yes, I talk A LOT with my hands. Yes, I was raised in Jersey, and thanks, I know I make good pasta. But, I am not Italian, nor am I anyone’s Nona.
Creamy Pesto Chicken Linguine
with spinach and semi-dried tomatoes
makes 4 servings
- Fresh pasta is ridiculously easy to make. And NOTHING tastes like fresh pasta.
- I’ve made pasta the old fashion way. Make a well in a pile of flour, add the eggs, make a mess, get sticky, hate the clean up. Not worth it. Top Chef Fabio does it in the food process. If he does it that way, then it’s ok to skip the long, tedious, messy process. I hate flour on my hands. Ironically enough, I own a cookie bakery.
- Some of this recipe can be done in advance. The semi-dried tomatoes, pesto, pasta dough, and even the chicken can be made ahead.
- You can obviously make this recipe with store bought ingredients and it would be super tasty. Just get good quality products please!
- Leave out the chicken for a fantastic Meatless Monday meal!