Warm Schmaltz Potato Salad is the perfect side dish for any meal. It’s got lots of punchy flavors and tons of herby parsley. Serve it warm next to chicken or fish! It’s a quick, satisfying side dish!
Schmaltz Potato Salad
Warm Schmaltz Potato Salad is so full of flavor made with lots of shallots, mustard and parsley! Super simple to make and so satisfying.Print Pin
Servings: 4 small servings
- 1 lb Baby Dutch Yellow potatoes , washed and cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 tbsp schmaltz , store bought is good
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 small shallots , finely diced
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water 2" above the potatoes. Season the water generously with kosher salt.
- Bring to a boil then immediately start a 4 minute timer. You do not want them to boil any longer than that!
- Drain potatoes and place them back into the hot pot to steam dry.
- In a large fry or sauté pan, heat the schmaltz and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and sauté until softened and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and immediately add the dijon mustard, grainy mustard, sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Add the potatoes and season well with kosher salt. Mix until potatoes are coated.
- Add parsley and mix again.
- Serve and enjoy warm!