Making a perfect egg dish is an art. Eggs are flavorful, soft, and creamy when cooked well. If you have goals in life, learn how to properly prepare eggs should be on your list. Put it right next to
learning how to ride a bike re-learning how to ride a bike. I want to know who came up with the phrase “It’s just like riding a bike…” That guy was so wrong.
Perfect Boursin Scrambled Eggs
Adapted from Buvette – Oeufs Brouillés
makes 1 serving[one_half padding=”0 20px 0 0″] For the eggs:
3 large eggs
2 Tb unsalted butter
1 1/2 Tb Boursin cheese, crumbled
few cracks fresh black pepper
grilled country bread
[/one_half][one_half_last padding=”0 0 0 20px”] 1.Whisk the eggs in a bowl until large air bubbles form as you whisk.
2. Melt 1 Tb of butter in a small heavy bottom sauce pot over medium heat. The less surface area the eggs have against the heat the better they cook.
3. Pour the whisked eggs into the pot and cook while stirring with a wooden spoon constantly. Make sure to scrape all around the bottom of the pot and along the sides.
4. “Do not turn the heat up – you want the eggs to cook gently and lovingly and not take on any color. You are looking for a mixture that’s cooked through, but still loose enough to pour.” – Buvette
5. Once you see that the eggs pull away from the pot when you run the spoon through and have formed “small curds”, take them off the heat immediately.
6. Stir the remaining 1 Tb of butter and the crumbled Boursin cheese into the eggs.
5. Plate over a piece of grilled country bread, season with Maldon salt and black pepper. Fold a piece or two of prosciutto over the eggs and grate parmesan cheese over top. Enjoy!