I recently purchased a Nutri Bullet.Mom…wow. I am saving approximately $7 a day since I am not getting my smoothies from Whole Foods now. Juiceris next on my list for sure.
I have friends that packed a juicer for a two week long vacation to Costa Rica. It was used a total of zero times. They did buy some parsley at a grocery store though. Oh… their car was also broken into when they were purchasing this parsley. The juicer was left behind. This is a true story.
I love you 2 Brown.
Banana Almond Chia Smoothie
makes 1 serving
1/4 cup oats
2-4 tsp chia seeds
1 1/2 – 2 Tbsp almond butter
1/2 cup milk or almond milk
6 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in a blender or Nutri Bulletand buzz away for 2-3 minutes. You want it super smooth.
Enjoy and be healthy!
- You can easily switch out almond butter for any other nut or seed butter. The butter is what flavors the smoothie.
- Any type of oats will do the trick.
- Soy milk or even water can replace the milk or almond milk if you have a different taste preference.
- This recipe is extremely versatile so be creative. Add a teaspoon of cocoa powder for a chocolaty smoothie!
- I actually use close to 2 Tbsp of chia seeds in my smoothie because I sadly have digestive issues. A lot of them. *eye-roll*